Air Filtration 101
Air filtration supplies the means to obtain the level of particulate cleanliness required by any definition of “air conditioning.” It extends from the simple task of preventing lint and other debris from plugging heating/cooling coils to removing particles as small as 0.1 micron which could cause a short circuit on a microchip.
In addition to the reasons given above, air filters are used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
- Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such as items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
- Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
- Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection.
- Heating 101
Welcome to Heating 101. Once you understand this easy lesson, you’ll know more about how energy is converted from a fuel (gas or oil) to your living space. I dare might add that you’ll know more than a fair amount of heating contractors who simply know how to hook up a boiler and flip the...Read More
- Heaters - We All Took Them For Granted
Wherever you live, chances are high that you will need a heater of some sort in your life. Since early mankind discovered fire, heaters have been used for warmth, cooking, and protection from potential enemies. The Encarta dictionary defines a heater as “a device that uses some kind of fuel to produce heat in order...Read More