Air Filtration 101
Air filtration supplies the means to obtain the level of particulate cleanliness required by any definition of “air conditioning.” It extends from the simple task of preventing lint and other debris from plugging heating/cooling coils to removing particles as small as 0.1 micron which could cause a short circuit on a microchip.
In addition to the reasons given above, air filters are used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
- Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such as items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
- Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
- Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection.
- Economy Wins, Environment Loses?
At the Height of the Recession, Americans Coveted Energy-Efficient Windows; Now They`re Back to Craving Granite Countertops and Hardwood Floors KNOXVILLE, Tenn.–(Business Wire)– A new national survey released today finds Americans once again prefer aesthetic home improvements – a refinished kitchen or bathroom – over money-saving improvements, such as energy-efficient windows or a high-efficiency furnace....Read More
- The Hidden Secrets In Buying An Air Conditioner
An air conditioner can be an important addition to the home. Aside from being a summer necessity in some areas, installed air conditioning can be a selling point when a home is on the market. It is important to consider a number of factors when purchasing an air conditioner, as a number of different models...Read More