Air Filtration 101
Air filtration supplies the means to obtain the level of particulate cleanliness required by any definition of “air conditioning.” It extends from the simple task of preventing lint and other debris from plugging heating/cooling coils to removing particles as small as 0.1 micron which could cause a short circuit on a microchip.
In addition to the reasons given above, air filters are used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
- Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such as items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
- Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
- Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection.
- 5 Benefits To Regular Heating Maintenance
In a way, your home’s heating system is just like a car. You wouldn’t drive your car for years without getting the oil changed, brakes checked, etc. and still expect it to run like it was brand new, so why should your home’s heating system be thought of any differently? Regular maintenance for you heating...Read More
- Defining Blower Door and Infiltration Testing
This is our favorite topic at Wilson Services, Inc. Why? Because infiltration is so incredibly misunderstood. When we say misunderstood, please don’t misunderstand; we acknowledge that the term blower door is not a main stream word for the average home owner. What’s so amazingly misunderstood is that there are many heating experts, news paper column...Read More