Air Filtration 101
Air filtration supplies the means to obtain the level of particulate cleanliness required by any definition of “air conditioning.” It extends from the simple task of preventing lint and other debris from plugging heating/cooling coils to removing particles as small as 0.1 micron which could cause a short circuit on a microchip.
In addition to the reasons given above, air filters are used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space
- Protecting the decor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust
- Reducing maintenance of building interiors by reducing the frequency of washing such as items as Venetian blinds and fluorescent bulbs
- Protecting the contents of occupied spaces including paintings, tapestries, and other items of historic or cultural value
- Elimination of fire hazards by removing lint and other materials which might accumulate in ductwork
- Extension of shelf life of perishable dairy products by removing airborne mold during processing operations
- Removing airborne bacteria from operating room air to help prevent postoperative infection.
- Defining Blower Door and Infiltration Testing
This is our favorite topic at Wilson Services, Inc. Why? Because infiltration is so incredibly misunderstood. When we say misunderstood, please don’t misunderstand; we acknowledge that the term blower door is not a main stream word for the average home owner. What’s so amazingly misunderstood is that there are many heating experts, news paper column...Read More
- Spring Cleaning Should Include An Air Conditioning Tune Up
As a home owner you should be aware of what is involved in an air conditioning tuneup. If you read any home maintenance articles this spring, most will encourage an A/C tuneup; some will even claim 25% savings. Predicting savings without knowing what type of tuneup received is a little silly. Encouraging a tune up...Read More