Munchkin Boiler Equipment
Munchkin boilers are one of the most compact and efficient heaters available on the market today. Each Munchkin boiler will modulate its firing rate to match the energy needs of the living space. This feature provides additional savings versus traditional single firing heaters. With stainless steel construction, you can be assured that you are buying the highest quality appliance. Proven European technology, manufactured in the USA.
• Fully modulating for ultra high efficiency (92%)
• Lowest possible operating cost. Rapid return on investment.
• Stainless steel construction
• Maximum reliability
• Compact design installs virtually anywhere – zero clearance to combustibles
• Lightweight design can be installed by one person and shipped via Parcel Service.
• Direct vent with PVC pipe
• Less expensive to install.
• No chimney required!
• Quiet operation
• State-of-the-art control
• Self-diagnostic microprocessor control simplifies service.
• Reliable field-proven spark ignition – Constant dependable operation
• Each unit is inspected for 100% quality satisfaction
• Superior quality
• Safe, sealed combustion
• Environmentally friendly–low emissions to environment
• Easily maintained 12 year limited warranty
• Operates at low supply temperature–no bypass valve controls needed
HOW IT OPERATES
When the room thermostat calls for heat, the Munchkin boiler control board will start the pump and start to monitor the return water temperature of the system before the heater will begin to heat the water. Once the controller has sensed a drop in the return water temperature below the temperature set point minus the differential set point, the Munchkin boiler will start to heat the water. This eliminates the boiler starting every time the thermostat calls for heat. This feature keeps the system from short cycling.
Once the system has sensed the temperature difference, the Munchkin boiler will activate the blower motor for 5 seconds to prepurge the system before starting the Munchkin boiler. The Munchkin boiler controller will now start to modulate the premix burner based on analyzing the return water temperature, supply water temperature, and the set point temperature. By compiling this information, the controller utilizes an algorithm to fully adjust the firing rate while maintaining the desired output temperature. The pre-mix burner fans have a low-voltage direct current drive motor with a pulse relay counting. This system allows precise control over the fan speed and combustion air volumes. Coupled with the Honeywell gas valve and the Venturi system set to provide a one-to-one ratio of precisely measured volumes of fuel to air, accurate and instant burner output is achieved. This keeps the Munchkin boiler running at the highest efficiency. When the thermostat is satisfied, the Munchkin boiler will then go through a 4 second post-purge cycle before shutting off. Every Munchkin boiler is equipped with an indicator light which will pulse constantly in normal operation. When a problem occurs, the indicator light will blink slowly to indicate the heater fault.